ToRs - Communications & Advocacy Coordinator IRC Program Support Unit
- Provide support to Manager PSU on matters related to internal and external communications
- Assist the M&E Officer and Manager PSU in the preparation of project/program narrative reports
- Any other tasks assigned by Manager PSU and Executive Director
- Collect and organize all IRC archival record from district offices and keep record at the Head Office with the assistance of Manager PSU
- Collect, edit, file and organize all printed material related to programs, including baseline studies, project reports, ToRs for external evaluators, and other related documents
- Liaise with web designer to maintain and regularly update (weekly) IRC’s website, develop content for the same and track emails on email@example.com
- Design IRC publications (layout of internal pages, formatting, text/graphic arrangements/ placements, etc.) and work closely with printers in ensuring published material meets internal quality requirements and is delivered on time.
- Produce promotional material for IRC in the form of brochures, posters, pamphlets, etc.
- Ensure correctness of message content and grammar; undertake high quality printing where necessary
- Ensure branding requirements are met in all public events (IRC and/or donor)
- Coordinate with Communication Officers in IRC regional and district offices
- Maintain and regularly update IRC’s mailing list with assistance from the Administration Officer
- Ensure dissemination of reports/ documents to relevant stakeholders
- Organize and manage IRC events in Karachi, including writing invitations, preparation of presentations, confirming guest participation, venue booking and arrangements, banner printing and transportation of required material (IEC material, equipment, etc.)
- Prepare media packages/ kits, including press releases and briefing papers
- Assist the Manager PSU in program development, specifically dealing with communications and advocacy campaigns/ projects.
- Liaise with media organizations (print and electronic) in preparing messages related to IRC’s work, including public service, advocacy and IEC messages
- Participate in M&E visits to other district offices
- Develop his/her weekly, monthly and quarterly workplans with description of activities along with objectives and expected outputs/outcomes
- Write/edit monthly progress reports of the PSU
- Graduation degree in Graphic Designing/ Fine Arts, Mass Communications or Advertising from a reputable university
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Urdu; working knowledge of Sindhi desirable
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in public relations, communications/advocacy, or event management;
Candidates with past experience in the development sector would be given preference
Computer Competence (must-haves):
MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher
Command over designing software, including Freehand, Quark Xpress, and/or Coral Draw, and Photoshop
Command over multimedia tools and social networking sites
Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be considered for the position. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a test and interview. No TA/DA will be provided. The position is based in Karachi.